Wednesday 3 June 2015

Lemon and Blueberry Muffins

Here at The Recipe Resource we like our muffins, and blueberry ones in particular. I am constantly tweaking the recipes I use, trying to find that authentic muffin flavour whilst excluding as main of the main allergens as possible. These do have eggs in, but you could swap them for egg replacer since the banana provides additional raising agent. 

Gluten free, wheat free, dairy free, soya free, corn free, nut free, could be egg free



Ingredients

  • 275g / 10 oz safe flour (I used Dove's Farm SR blended gluten free flour)
  • 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder  (omit if you used self raising flour)
  • 125g / 4oz Caster sugar
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 275mls/ 9fl oz safe milk substitute - I used rice
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 medium ripe banana
  • 75g / 3oz melted and cooled vegetable spread (I used Pure Sunflower)
  • 150g / 5oz fresh blueberries

Method
  • Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400F /Gas Mark 6
  • Sift flour, baking powder (if needed) and stir in sugar
  • In a second bowl beat the eggs (or prepare replacer), milk substitute and vanilla essence. 
  • Mash a banana with a fork and add to the wet mixture
  • Add lemon juice (not before or eggs will curdle)
  • Make a well in the dry bowl and pour in the wet ingredients. (Or mix it all in your mixer)
  • Combine well and stir blueberries in with a fork to prevent breaking them.
  • Spoon into muffin trays (makes 12) and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and firm.



Best eaten warm on the day of baking -  doubt these will last long here, they are very nice!

16 comments:

  1. oh wow wow wow these look incredible

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another delicious sounding recipe for us to try out....Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm delicious! I got some blueberries in my box this week so I think I actually have everything in to make these RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy do these look good, blueberries and lemon go so well togethere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually been thinking of buying a blueberry bush because I love them so much in muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely combinations xx mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great flavour combo - I bet these taste lush! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound absolutely delightful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow what a concoction i bet this is so refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look amazing. It always surprises me that you manage to make so much fab stuff within the constraints that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so hungry right now and that muffin looks amazing. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favourite flavour of muffin!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look delicious. Love the combination of flavours used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness what a lovely combination. And I love the idea of eating them warm, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy - I absolutely adore blueberry muffins so I bet with the addition of lemon they're super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh these look amazing - I love both these together they must be super-delicious! Kaz x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...